Burglar breaks in to Mildenhall house after reaching through dog flap to take key
- Credit: IAN BURT
A burglar made off with an iPad after breaking into a house by reaching through the dog flap and grabbing a door key.
Detectives in Mildenhall are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which took place at an address in Grosvenor House Court between 1pm and 4.30pm yesterday.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it appeared the burglar had reached through a large dog flap and taken the key to gain entry.
They then carried out a search of the house, taking an iPad but dropping other times as he fled the scene.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area or who has information about this incident is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101 quoting reference MH/14/1179, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising residents to always remove keys from locks and keep them out of sight of doors and windows.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months