Bungay pool remains shut for the rest of 2018
- Credit: Archant
The doors of Bungay Swimming Pool will remain shut for 2018 after a fault with the boilers.
Keen swimmers will have to hang up their trunks and swim wear for the remainder of the year as the pool stays closed until further notice.
According to Waveney District Council, engineers have worked to repair the boilers in the pool.
Councillor Graham Catchpole, Waveney's Cabinet Member for Operations and Facilities said: 'We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we seek to resolve issues which have led to the temporary closure of the swimming facilities at Bungay Pool and Gym.
'Engineers have undertaken repairs to the boilers and are now dealing with a separate issue relating to water cylinders. We expect the reopening of the pool to take place as soon as the required temperatures are reached.'
You may also want to watch:
The swimming pool is not expected to open until early next year.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 5 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk