Bungay pool remains shut for the rest of 2018
- Credit: Archant
The doors of Bungay Swimming Pool will remain shut for 2018 after a fault with the boilers.
Keen swimmers will have to hang up their trunks and swim wear for the remainder of the year as the pool stays closed until further notice.
According to Waveney District Council, engineers have worked to repair the boilers in the pool.
Councillor Graham Catchpole, Waveney's Cabinet Member for Operations and Facilities said: 'We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we seek to resolve issues which have led to the temporary closure of the swimming facilities at Bungay Pool and Gym.
'Engineers have undertaken repairs to the boilers and are now dealing with a separate issue relating to water cylinders. We expect the reopening of the pool to take place as soon as the required temperatures are reached.'
You may also want to watch:
The swimming pool is not expected to open until early next year.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?