School praises up and coming rugby star
- Credit: Archant
Bungay High School has heaped praise upon one of its pupils as he pursues his rugby dream.
Riley Hatcher, who is currently in Year 10 at the school, plays for the Northampton Saints.
A spokesman for the school said: 'Riley has been training all season will Northampton Saints under-15s.
'He trains weekly in Colchester and also has the occasional session at Franklin gardens, Northampton Saints home ground.
'Most recently Riley was selected to play for the Saints under-15 team at a national 12-a-side tournament held at Sheffield Hallam University.'
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: 'He was selected to play in the front row of the scrum as tighthead prop, but due to injuries also got to play as hooker and loosehead prop.
'The next step for Riley is to begin training in July with Northampton Saints under-16 squad and also try to play for the under-16 Eastern Counties team.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
'We wish Riley the very best of luck for the new season.'