School praises up and coming rugby star
- Credit: Archant
Bungay High School has heaped praise upon one of its pupils as he pursues his rugby dream.
Riley Hatcher, who is currently in Year 10 at the school, plays for the Northampton Saints.
A spokesman for the school said: 'Riley has been training all season will Northampton Saints under-15s.
'He trains weekly in Colchester and also has the occasional session at Franklin gardens, Northampton Saints home ground.
'Most recently Riley was selected to play for the Saints under-15 team at a national 12-a-side tournament held at Sheffield Hallam University.'
The spokesman added: 'He was selected to play in the front row of the scrum as tighthead prop, but due to injuries also got to play as hooker and loosehead prop.
'The next step for Riley is to begin training in July with Northampton Saints under-16 squad and also try to play for the under-16 Eastern Counties team.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 10 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
'We wish Riley the very best of luck for the new season.'