Cows rescued from burning shed on Bungay farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued cows from a burning shed in Bungay in the early hours of Christmas Eve.
Crews from Norfolk and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services were called between 3.45am and 4.10am to the fire at a farm in Beccles Road.
Appliances from Loddon, Harleston, Beccles and Bungay attended the incident, in which a three-tonne mound of unbaled straw in a cow shed had caught fire.
Police officers were also in attendance.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said all the cattle were safely removed from the shed and firefighters used a transporter to take the straw outside to put it out. The area was then dampened down.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was closed just before 6am.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area