Cows rescued from burning shed on Bungay farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued cows from a burning shed in Bungay in the early hours of Christmas Eve.
Crews from Norfolk and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services were called between 3.45am and 4.10am to the fire at a farm in Beccles Road.
Appliances from Loddon, Harleston, Beccles and Bungay attended the incident, in which a three-tonne mound of unbaled straw in a cow shed had caught fire.
Police officers were also in attendance.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said all the cattle were safely removed from the shed and firefighters used a transporter to take the straw outside to put it out. The area was then dampened down.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was closed just before 6am.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140