Bumper carolling choir brings festive cheer to Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A bumper choir spread festive cheer around their community with a day of carol concerts.
Around 70 singers took part of this year's Thetford Voices Christmas carolling day, visiting four care homes to bring Christmas entertainment to residents.
The group –which included 55 children – spent a morning rehearsing 16 carols before splitting in half for an afternoon tour of Thetford care homes, singing for residents and staff at Kings Court, Laburnum Grove, Ford Place and Alexander Court.
The day culminated with a concert in St Peter's Church, featuring a selection of carols and more Christmas songs from vocal group Quire of Voices.
Choir administrator John Weeks said around a third of the performers were new additions to the carolling choir.
'It was a very musical group, one of the best we have had – both enthusiastic and concentrating. We had a very splendid bank of voices.
'The carols were very well received at all the places we visited. We enjoyed singing in different places, and in St Peter's where there is a very nice acoustic.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 9 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000