Bumper carolling choir brings festive cheer to Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A bumper choir spread festive cheer around their community with a day of carol concerts.
Around 70 singers took part of this year's Thetford Voices Christmas carolling day, visiting four care homes to bring Christmas entertainment to residents.
The group –which included 55 children – spent a morning rehearsing 16 carols before splitting in half for an afternoon tour of Thetford care homes, singing for residents and staff at Kings Court, Laburnum Grove, Ford Place and Alexander Court.
The day culminated with a concert in St Peter's Church, featuring a selection of carols and more Christmas songs from vocal group Quire of Voices.
Choir administrator John Weeks said around a third of the performers were new additions to the carolling choir.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a very musical group, one of the best we have had – both enthusiastic and concentrating. We had a very splendid bank of voices.
'The carols were very well received at all the places we visited. We enjoyed singing in different places, and in St Peter's where there is a very nice acoustic.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?