Brooke care home dancing queens to take on 24 hour Abba Red Nose Day challenge
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
The staff at a Brooke care home are stepping back in time to the 1970s for Red Nose Day.
A 24 hour 'Abba-thon' will take place on Friday at Brooke House involving senior support worker Sue Manning, home manager Hayley Hirst and activities coordinator Donna Horne.
Starting at 3pm on Friday, the three Dancing Queens will be dancing their way through to Saturday, supported by rolling Abba tracks and disco lights.
Mrs Hirst said: 'We all like Abba and a lot of our residents do as well. They always enjoy it when our visiting entertainer Felicity Moore sings Abba songs.'
She is calling on residents' families and villagers to pop along on the day to sponsor their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
M and B Catering will be selling barbecue food and a Cherry Drops Candy Cart will be selling sweets while the home will supply refreshments and glow sticks for Red Nose Day.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base