Two people treated for smoke inhalation following bungalow fire
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation following a bungalow fire in Caister-on-Sea.
Emergency services were called to Brooke Avenue in the village, north of Great Yarmouth, shortly after 4pm on Thursday to reports of a domestic building fire.
Four fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended.
Watch manager Thaine Hacon said the blaze was caused by an old chip pan that caught fire.
He said two people who were inside the property were being treated for smoke inhalation, but were not being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said crews wearing breathing apparatus are using main and hose jets to extinguish the blaze.
The incident was declared over at 5.45pm. There is said to be smoke damage throughout the property.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
• Updates to follow
• Do you have pictures of the scene? Email firstname.lastname@example.org