Broads conservation groups could benefit from £2,000 funding
- Credit: citizenside.com
Conservationists working to protect the Broads could secure £2,000 from a national scheme celebrating efforts to preserve national parks.
The Campaign for National Parks (CNP) has launched this year's Park Protector Awards, which encourage initiatives and activities in the areas across England and Wales.
While the Broads are not legally a national park, they have been part of the so-called national park family since 1989, and come under the scope of the awards.
The winning project, which can be run by a group or individual, must conserve or contribute to the biodiversity of the area and protect or restore its natural or built heritage.
Fiona Howie, chief executive of the CNP, said: 'Throughout our National Parks there is fantastic work taking place by people who love the Parks. This is a great opportunity for organisations to promote and showcase the projects that make our National Parks so special.'
You may also want to watch:
Projects must also have demonstrated excellence in delivery and innovation in some form, whether in techniques, technologies, engagement or funding models.
Last year's winner was Fell Futures, a scheme designed to address a skills shortage in the Lake District.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
The initiative trained 12 apprentices and 30 volunteers in skills such as dry-stone walling, habitat conservation, forestry, lime mortaring and upload stone pitching.
To enter the awards, which are supported by Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust, visit www.cnp.org.uk/park-protectors
Nomnations are open until Sunday, July 3.
Do you have a Broads story? Email email@example.com