Broadland Youth Choir is looking for budding young singers
Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) is on the lookout for budding young singers.
Since beginning in 1992 BYC has provided young singers in Norfolk with the opportunity to join together in making music.
The choir has performed on the BBC Television's Songs of Praise, has performed in Joseph, Evita, the national finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are now regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd. The singers have also become regular performers in the EDP's annual Festival of Carols concert at Christmas time.
The choir's musical director, Carole Tims, from Salhouse, said: 'BYC regularly perform in concerts, local and international competitions, besides weddings and social functions.
'If you enjoy singing and want to work to a high standard, are willing to commit yourself to a regular term time rehearsal schedule, are of school age and in full-time education, then this may be for you!
'BYC has a rich and varied repertoire which challenges, enraptures and stretches our young singers whilst always taking great care with young voices.
'It's fun, it's dynamic, it's friendly and being part of a choir teaches you much more than singing.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
If you are interested in joining BYC, call Ms Tims on 01603 721912.