Broadland cluster schools enjoy an Olympic-themed sports day
A group of cluster schools enjoyed an Olympic-themed athletics competition in Hoveton to celebrate London 2012.
A total of 160 children, from school years three to six, from St John's Primary School, Coltishall Primary, Salhouse Primary, Neatishead Primary and Rackheath Primary took part in standing long jump, javelin and running races before coming together for team relays.
Parents also joined in with the fun and many Broadland High School students watched the event during their break.
A spokesman from the school said: 'We do have an annual athletics competition but usually schools compete against each other.
'Because of London 2012 we wanted to celebrate the Olympic values and the excitement of London 2012 so we mixed together.
'It was great to see children cheering each other on and also getting to know each other.'
Pupils also took part in an opening ceremony with an Olympic torch being passed around all the schools involved before the competition.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?