Bring on the beer! New festival begins in Fakenham tonight
Twenty real ales and ciders will be served up at a new beer festival in Fakenham which begins tonight.
It will be at Fakenham Community Centre and there will be live music and food.
The festival is being organised by town councillor Lisa Smerdon and her partner Glen Mallett, with support from volunteers from Kick Start Fakenham.
Miss Smerdon said: 'We're trying to get lots of things going on in the town and we're really hoping that people come along and support this beer festival. If it goes well we will look to run it every year.'
The festival will be from 7pm until 11pm tonight and 11am until 11pm tomorrow.
Entrance is free. People can pay �10 for a commemorative glass and six tokens, with each token worth half a pint. Alternatively, two tokens are available for �2.50 and they can be exchanged for beer, cider, wine or soft drinks.
Proceeds will go to Fakenham Community Centre and Kick Start Fakenham.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes