Bridge repairs north-west of Mattishall will take five days
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Motorists are warned to expect delays while work is carried out to repair Stone Road Bridge, north-west of Mattishall.
Work starts on Monday, February 27 and it will take five days to complete. Stone Road-Mattishall Road will be closed during this time.
The work involves repairing the damaged south-west brick parapet wall of the bridge, which is nearly a mile north of Yaxham Road.
The road is being closed to vehicles to provide a safe working area and conditions.
During the closure there will be a signed western diversion via Clint Green, Yaxham and the A47.
You may also want to watch:
Access to properties and pedestrian access over the bridge will be maintained at all times.
The work, which will cost £5,000, will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and contractors.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
The county council apologises for any inconvenience it may cause.