Bridge repairs north-west of Mattishall will take five days
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Motorists are warned to expect delays while work is carried out to repair Stone Road Bridge, north-west of Mattishall.
Work starts on Monday, February 27 and it will take five days to complete. Stone Road-Mattishall Road will be closed during this time.
The work involves repairing the damaged south-west brick parapet wall of the bridge, which is nearly a mile north of Yaxham Road.
The road is being closed to vehicles to provide a safe working area and conditions.
During the closure there will be a signed western diversion via Clint Green, Yaxham and the A47.
Access to properties and pedestrian access over the bridge will be maintained at all times.
The work, which will cost £5,000, will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and contractors.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
The county council apologises for any inconvenience it may cause.