Brides-to-be will be going to the EDP Wedding Show at the Norfolk Showground today and tomorrow
More than 3,000 people are expected to head to the EDP Wedding Show at the Norfolk Showground this weekend.
From cake-makers to florists to wedding venues, specialists in every aspect of planning the perfect wedding will be at the show today and tomorrow.
There are over 140 exhibitors at the EDP Wedding Show and a bridal fashion show will be performed four times on each day.
Lisa Sands, from Reedham, is among the brides-to-be who will be visiting the event. Miss Sands' husband-to-be Edward Bass, 30, proposed in 2010 and the couple, who have a one-year-old son called Henry, are getting married on October 5 this year at Reedham Church, and are having their reception at Lenwade House Hotel.
Miss Sands, 27, said: 'The wedding shows are really fun. We've got our date booked so I'm hoping to get prices of photographers and to see people's work. The shows are a nice quick way of getting information.
'A photographer and cars are the main things on my list for the show.
'I would quite like a chocolate fountain too so it would be nice if there were some at the show.'
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
Journalist Donna-Louise Bishop, 26, and Ben Clarke, a 23-year-old factory worker, are also going to the show.
The couple, who live in Horsford, got engaged last August in Paris and are getting married on May 12 in north Norfolk at Baconsthorpe Church, near Holt.
Miss Bishop said she wants to go to the show to make decisions about the 'fiddly' parts of her wedding.
'We mainly wanted to find some quirky ideas for the wedding reception we are having at Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel, such as table decorations,' she said.
'I'm also looking for someone to take on the challenge of doing my hair and make-up as I have no idea what 'look' I'm after for the big day.'
Mr Clarke added: 'We are quite keen to look at the food side of things too, such as a chocolate fountain.
'And we have talked about having some entertainment at the reception other than music, so we're interested in finding out what might be available to us.'
Although Miss Bishop already has her bridesmaids and wedding dress, she said she was excited about watching the catwalk show.
'I'm really looking forward to picking out something for my mum' she said.
The show is today from 10am until 5pm, and tomorrow from 10am until 4pm. Tickets cost �6 per person, �10 for two people, and �16 for four people.