Brides can find inspiration for their perfect dress at Norwich wedding show
- Credit: Steve Adams
Brides looking for the perfect dress for their big day can get lots of ideas at the Norfolk Showground this weekend.
Bride: The Wedding Show, in association with Eastern Daily Press, is taking place this Saturday and Sunday and features more than 150 exhibitors covering everything from bridalwear to photography to flowers.
Norwich-based Pure Brides and Grooms is the event's main sponsor and will be showcasing a selection of their wedding dresses on the show's catwalk and their individual stand.
When asked about the latest bridalwear trends, owner Anna Hare said: 'Lace is still pretty big but we are seeing much more hand-beaded gowns, much more embellishment to the lace. We are also seeing a lot in the way of cap sleeves, three-quarter sleeves and spaghetti straps, with people moving away from strapless dresses. 'Brides are also moving much more towards buttons and delicate fastenings rather than corsets.'
She said while the classic full princess dresses were always popular, there was also a shift to less formal styles.
'We are seeing a lot more relaxed styling, something for a garden party wedding rather that the formal look we have had in the past. That's also reflected in our men's suits, everything is feeling a little more easy-going.'
She offered the following words of wisdom to brides: 'I always say, be open-minded. If have a fixed idea, you could miss out on your perfect dress. Listen to your bridal consultant, they have been doing this for a long time and can help you chose gowns that are best for your figure, skin tone, and also where your wedding is taking place.'
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 3 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 9 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 10 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
Pure Brides and Grooms will also have a menswear stand at the show and be running a competition with prize of £1,000 to spend at Pure's Lower Goat Lane boutique.
Bride: The Wedding Show is at the Norfolk Showground 10am-4pm on Saturday and Sunday. Advance tickets are £8, £14 for two people, £25 for four people. Tickets on the day cost £10, £18 for two people and £32 for four people. See www.theweddingshow.co.uk/buy-tickets or call 01603 772538.
Are you planning an unusual wedding? Email email@example.com