Bridal boutique to hold royal wedding street party
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Businesses in a street in the Norwich Lanes are collaborating for a royal wedding themed street party.
Pure, a bridal boutique, is co-ordinating the party on Lower Goat Lane in the centre of Norwich.
So no one misses out on the big event Pure will be screening the wedding from their shop window.
Anna Hare, owner of Pure, said: 'We're just trying to get everybody engaged in it. It's easy to organise because we're all independent shops.
'The way I see it the high street is in trouble at the moment and this is the sort of thing we can do to get people to enjoy the high street. I think it's going to be really fun.'
The party, which people are encouraged to wear red white and blue to, will be from 9.30am this Saturday.
Some of the businesses involved include Biddy's Tea Room, Neal's Yard Remedies and Grosvenor fish bar.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
Festivities will include live music, cakes, and freebies.
To find out more visit www.facebook.com/PureBrides
Don't miss the Eastern Daily Press for a week-long series of souvenir supplements to mark the Royal Wedding. Starting on Monday we will look back on previous Royal Weddings through the years. Friday and Saturday's supplements will tell you all you need to know about the big day itself, meanwhile on Monday you can enjoy our 16-page picture special. At the end, all of our supplements can be put together to make one big 52-page souvenir.