Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth closed after four-vehicle collision
- Credit: Bethany Bane
Emergency services are on the scene of a four-vehicle collision on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth.
Police officers, firefighters and ambulance crews are in attendance, with the coastguard also alerted, after a collision between four vehicles on the bridge - a lorry, a minibus and two cars.
A spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service says three people are being treated at the scene, two for neck strains and one for chest pains.
The incident is thought to have happened at around 10.30am and there is currently four police vehicles, three fire engines and four ambulances on scene - with the coastguard and a lifeboat from Gorleston also attending.
The road is currently closed between the Runham and Gapton Hall roundabouts, with traffic being diverted down Acle New Road and Pasteur Road.
You may also want to watch:
A witness has said traffic is 'slow, but moving'.
A police spokesman has confirmed that the bridge is expected to be closed 'for some time'.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts