Breaking News: Armed raiders hit post office in North Creake
- Credit: Archant
Armed robbers, believed to have been brandishing a handgun, have escaped with cash after raiding the village post office in North Creake, near Fakenham, this lunchtime.
Two men burst into the building on Church Street at about 12.05pm, and demanded money. One was armed with a weapon which is believed to have been a handgun.
Police said the robbers escaped with 'a quantity of cash' before fleeing the scene in a waiting car.
Detectives from King's Lynn are investigating the crime and are trying to locate the suspects.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the raid or has information relating to it. Police are also keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a suspicious car in the area this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact King's Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner