Brass band plays Santa Claus with gift of instruments to Dereham school
- Credit: Archant
A brass band played Santa Claus to the children of a special school this Christmas. Neatishead based Norfolk Wherry Brass had three cornets, a trombone and a baritone surplus to requirements which they were keen to present to a worthy cause.
The band's academy music director Steve Kemp asked the committee to consider donating them to the Fred Nicholson School in Dereham, which caters for children with special educational needs.
Mr Kemp, accompanied by his percussionist daughter Chloe, presented the instruments to the school and promised to follow the progress of those children who showed an interest in playing the instruments.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue