Brandon photography student’s work going Stateside for new exhibition in LA
- Credit: Archant
Two photographs by a Suffolk student will be going Stateside after being chosen for an exhibition showcasing work by emerging female photographers.
Gemma Racine, from Brandon, had taken photos of girls in their bedrooms as part of her final project for her extended diploma in photography at West Suffolk College.
Girl Gaze, an exhibition in Los Angeles aimed at supporting the next generation of female photographers and using the medium to show how girls see the world was advertised on Instagram.
Two of the 19-year-old's photos – portraits of her friends in their bedrooms – were selected for the exhibition, which is now open.
West Suffolk College lecturer in art and design Sophie Lachowycz said: 'Gemma being included in this exhibition at such an early stage in her career is a brilliant experience for her and an asset to her CV.
'It is brilliant to see Gemma's photography reach such a wide audience from initially a post on Instagram, to being displayed in this exhibition in LA.'
Gemma is now in her first year at Leeds College of Art studying fashion photography.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather
Photographs from the exhibition and more about the project can be viewed at www.girlgaze.tv