Reader letter: Why all the negativity about Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
I must admit that I am disappointed with the negativity towards our town, our country and our own MP.
The town this year has had a huge amount of money spent on road improvements, business investment, sewage improvements and a thrilling air show.
The Rt Honourable Brandon Lewis has worked tirelessly to ensure we are a point that is noticed on the map, which can be apparent by the £98 million secured for the third river crossing.
I must admit that I disagree with my dear friend, Judith Daniels, that we need another vote on Brexit. Brexit is going to happen!
We are going to leave the single market and customs union; we are going to end free movement and we are going to take back control of our laws.
You may also want to watch:
All of this can be achieved as well as keeping a good relationship with the EU.
Thousands of people voted in the Brexit referendum for the first time ever giving democracy the benefit of the doubt that their vote would count and mean something.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
We cannot show those people how little their vote might mean!
May the town continue in this positive trend with the help of a strong MP and strong council and may this strong council carry on at the next local election.