Brake fault on train from Norwich to London causes rail disruption
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers between Norwich and London are facing disruption this morning Following a train fault.
The 6am Norwich to London Liverpool Street service came to a halt just before Ingatestone with a brake problem.
Greater Anglia said the train would have to be moved back to Chelmsford, with passengers asked to get off the train so it could then be moved back towards Norwich.
London bound trains caught behind the stationary train are being routed around it, onto the opposite track to Shenfield.
But Greater Anglia says that is only possible when there is a suitable gap in the service towards Chelmsford and Colchester, so services are being cancelled or delayed by up to 60 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until 12pm.
Passengers at Liverpool Street wanting to get to Norwich are being advised to travel via Cambridge.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?