Brains and beauty! ‘Dedicated fundraiser’ from Norwich wins Ms Earth UK title
- Credit: Archant
A committed environmentalist will spread her message overseas after sailing to victory in the Miss Earth beauty pageant - winning the coveted Ms Earth UK Title.
Cera Wong, 27, from Earlham Road in Norwich, was one of five national winners of the Miss Earth competition and won the Ms/Mrs Earth category for women who are aged over 27 or married.
The other categories include Miss Earth England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, for women between 17 and 26 years old who will go on to compete internationally, and Miss Teen Earth UK for 13-16 year olds.
This year's final took place on Saturday, July 15 at the Burlington Hotel, Birmingham.
Ms Wong said: 'Miss Earth is one of the largest beauty pageants in the world and the only pageant that promotes environmental protection.
You may also want to watch:
'Potential candidates sign up online by answering questions about themselves and about their environmental advocacy and if chosen as a finalist will compete in the final.
'There are three main rounds of the competition: an interview round, the Earth Warrior round, where finalists design and make their own earth-themed bikini, and evening wear round.'
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Her victory means she will travel to Tanzania in September to assist with environmental projects and become a national ambassador and advocate for a greener UK.
Ms Wong added: 'I am a dedicated fundraiser and have raised over £3000 for charity in the past three years.
'I have always been very passionate about protecting the environment; having travelled to many parts of the world including the Amazonian forest and the Himalayas.
'I was able to witness first-hand on how our environment is currently being affected by human activities.'
To find out more about the Miss Earth competition visit their website.