Bradwell woman drops four stone in weight in just under a year
- Credit: Archant
In just under a year, a Bradwell woman has lost nearly four stone in weight and dropping from size 16 to 10.
Super slimmer Gabrielle Gibbs, 23, says she is feeling fab not fat and has regained her confidence.
Shopping for new clothes had become a nightmare and she dreaded changing rooms, but it proved a spur to take action to trim down.
Gabrielle and her mum joined her local Slimming World group in September 2015. She said: 'I was very reluctant to start going to a weight loss group as various thoughts were going through my head such as what will people say about my weight, it's too much.
'Looking back I smile as I reflect on the journey. I took that step with the support of my mum and look where it got me!'
Gabrielle added: 'I remember being asked to set my own target weight, and to this day remember sitting there thinking yeah right, am I ever going to get to that! But with determination and support through both the good and the bad weeks I got there!'
Gabrielle began following Slimming World's healthy eating plan, which encourages slimmers to fill up on healthy foods and make small changes to the way they shop, cook and eat that make a big difference, like swapping white bread for wholemeal.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 5 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
'Through this process I have continued to enjoy barbecues with family, eat out, and I've even learned to cook completely from scratch.'
On many occasions we as a family have shared recipes with others without them even realising it's a Slimming World meal. Many mistake Slimming World for a 'diet', it's a lifestyle change. Thinking about foods and how you can make them small changes which can get you feeling confident and happy in yourself.'
Gabrielle also attends two zumba classes a week, completes a 15-20 mile bike ride at least once a week, goes on her running machine daily and has recently started a vibe cycle class.
Now it's a part of my daily routine and I feel a sense of achievement being able to push myself further on a weekly basis.'
Clothes shopping is now something she looked forward to and that apprehension of changing rooms has gone.
'Being able to smile in the full length mirrors rather than avoid them is a great feeling,'
Gabrielle's Slimming World group meets at Mill Lane Community Centre, Bradwell every Tuesday at 3.30pm, 5.30pm or 7.30pm. For details, call Karley on 07552 760668.