Bradwell butchers Bigun impresses competition judges
- Credit: Archant
Bradwell Butchery has been crowned as national burger champions in a red-hot contest between the best butchers from across the land.
The heat was on for butchers from far and wide to showcase their very best barbecue products at the Butchers Q Guild annual BBQ Competition grand final, staged at the Weber Grill Academy in Oxford last week.
Bradwell Butchery, in Crab Lane, was crowned winner of the beef burger category with its Bradwell Bigun. Owner Andrew Edmonds said: 'I'm absolutely delighted. This is a popular recipe we use in the shop. They are made using 100pc lean steak – we use good Norfolk beef - and weigh 8oz and although they are very lean, cooked correctly they retain their succulent juiciness and are very healthy too.
'It's one of the simplest recipes we have. We just let the meat speak for itself. We call them our gourmet burgers and liken them to eating a piece of steak – you can taste the meat without confusing people with a lot of different flavours.'
Bradwell Butchery is no stranger to success in the meat sector awards arena – they were named Best Butchers Shop of the Year for the Midlands and East of England region at the Butcher's Shop of the Year Awards in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The picture shows Andrew Edmonds, left, receiving his trophy from judge Jeremy Fowler.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road