Boy assaulted in Thetford after being lured into woods by screaming
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 15-year-old boy has been assaulted after being lured into woods when he heard screaming.
The boy, from Thetford, was walking in a wooded area between Mallow Road and Norwich Road at around 9.30pm on Tuesday when he heard 'a scream and shout', according to a Norfolk Police spokesman.
When he went into the woods to investigate he was assaulted by a man, suffering scratches to his arms which are believed to have been caused by a piece of glass as he put his arms up to defend himself.
He escaped after managing to push the attacker away and run back out of the woods.
The suspect is described as male, around 5ft 10in, wearing a black beanie hat, dark-coloured hooded top, black jeans, dark trainers and gloves.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who believes they may have information about this crime is asked to contact PC Richard Bray at Thetford Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children