Two Norfolk bookshops shortlisted for regional award
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk has two bookshops in the running to become the best independent bookshop in the east of England.
The Book Hive, on London Street in Norwich and Kett's Books in Wymondham, have been made the regional shortlist in The British Book Award' s Independent Bookshop of the Year category.
This is not the first time the Book Hive has been nominated for the award, as they discuss in a short video they shared on social media upon hearing the announcement.
Kett's Books also shared the news on their Facebook page, writing: 'We're up against some fabulous bookshops.'
They also thanked the community of Wymondham for their continued support. Other bookshops nominated in the east of England category include Bookmark in Spalding and Rogan's Books in Bedford.
Winners of The British Book Awards will be announced on May 14 at a ceremony in London.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms