Bomb squad called after ‘hand grenade’ found in shed
- Credit: Archant
The bomb squad is on scene after reports a householder found a hand grenade in a garden shed.
Norfolk police said they were alerted at around 10am by the householder who was doing some clearing at home in Burgh Castle, and came across some possible ordnance.
Having forwarded a photograph which was then sent on to the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team a crew from Colchester was despatched arriving on scene in Butt Lane at around 2.10pm.
A police spokesman said: 'They reported they had found some items that they believed might be ordnance similar to hand grenades.
'They have sent us photographs that we have sent on and the EOD have come out to check them out.
'They could blow them up or take them away. There are a number of things they can do.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze