Body of young woman found in Norwich
A body of a young woman has been found at Whitlingham Park in Norwich, police said tonight.
The body of a young woman was found in Whitlingham Park, Trowse, late yesterday afternoon.
A Broads Authority worker made the grim discovery in the water there at about 3.30pm.
Police say that at this stage they are not treating the death as suspicious but say the body was believed to be that of a woman aged in her mid-20s.
They were, however, unable to confirm whether it was the body of a Norwich woman who has been missing for more than a month.
Lucy Woolrich, 26, also known as Lucy Flowers, who lives in the Tuckswood area of the city, was last seen on Saturday, January 8, and there has been no sign of her since.
Since then, police have received a number of calls about her whereabouts, but have so far been unable to establish whether or not she is safe.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 3 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Miss Woolrich was well known in Norwich having played guitar in several folk bands including Wurpy Quade.
She lived alone in a flat in King Street.
Officers are continuing with investigations to try to determine the identity of the deceased and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.