Body found in Wymondham
- Credit: Archant
A garden was sealed off near a busy junction in Wymondham after a body was found.
The man in his 40s was discovered by a passer-by at around 6am on Thursday, in the front garden of a bungalow on Norwich Road.
Chris Spinx, 72, lives at the property, and said he was made aware of the incident when police knocked on his door at around 7am.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service were all called to the home, and a tarpaulin sheet was put up.
The man, in his 40s, has not yet been formally identified, but Norfolk Constabulary said they were not treating his death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Spinx and his wife have lived at the address for more than 40 years, and the 72-year-old said he was shocked by the incident.
"Obviously this has never happened before and isn't something you expect. The police haven't given us any information about what happened or how the man got there. It's just very sad."
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Mr Spinx's neighbour, a mother of two, said she was concerned to see the heavy emergency service activity as she took her children to school at around 8.30am.
She added: "It's not what you expect to happen in Wymondham."
One neighbour said he saw all three emergency services on the road at around 6.15am, when he left his home to go to the gym.
Another resident said he could see blue flashing lights through his curtains at around 7am.
Police remained on scene until around 10am.
Although there were some slight delays throughout the morning, traffic is now moving freely in the area.