Body found in North Walsham believed to be that of missing man
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man's body was found in North Walsham this morning, Friday, November 23.
Officers were called by a member of the public reporting that a body of man had been discovered in a field off Happisburgh Road, on the outskirts of the town.
Police said that, while formal identification was yet to take place, it was believed to be that of 46-year-old Julian Gaunt who was reported missing from the area on Monday, November 19. Next of kin have been informed.
The death is being treated as unexplained, but detectives do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.
Mr Gaunt, of The Street in Honing, had been reported missing at 10.50pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said he had spoken to a family member at 6pm on Monday but he had not been seen or heard from since.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich