Body found in North Walsham believed to be that of missing man
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man's body was found in North Walsham this morning, Friday, November 23.
Officers were called by a member of the public reporting that a body of man had been discovered in a field off Happisburgh Road, on the outskirts of the town.
Police said that, while formal identification was yet to take place, it was believed to be that of 46-year-old Julian Gaunt who was reported missing from the area on Monday, November 19. Next of kin have been informed.
The death is being treated as unexplained, but detectives do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.
Mr Gaunt, of The Street in Honing, had been reported missing at 10.50pm on Monday.
Police said he had spoken to a family member at 6pm on Monday but he had not been seen or heard from since.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 10 One person rescued after crash on A47