Blofield and District Gardening Club to celebrate 45th anniversary
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A village gardening club is celebrating its 45th anniversary next weekend.
The Blofield and District Gardening Club will be marking the occasion at its summer show at 2pm on Saturday, July 15.
During the day growers will be showing off their produce as part of an exhibition at the Margaret Harker Hall, on Yarmouth Road.
The club, which was established in 1972, has a large membership from Blofield and its surrounding villages.
And its annual show is organised to encourage members to grow and present their own glowers, fruits and vegetables.
You may also want to watch:
Cups, rosettes and prizes will be presented to the winners of various sections on the day.
The exhibition is free and homemade refreshments will be available. There will also be plant, cake, raffle and bottle stalls.
For more information visit www.blofieldgardeningclub.org.uk or call Sue Rowe on 01603 715804
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch