Bittern Line re-opens following bridge bash
The Bittern Line has reopened following a bridge bash at North Walsham this morning.
A Network Rail spokesman said: 'I can confirm that the bridge at North Walsham Station was struck this morning just before 10am. Our engineers inspected the bridge and the line reopened at 11.05am.'
Trains between Norwich and Sheringham were running up to 20 minutes late, or being cancelled, following the incident which was reported at about 9.50am.
An Abellio spokesman said passengers affected might be entitled to claim delay repay via: www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/contact-us/contact-forms/delay-repay
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson