Bittern Line re-opens following bridge bash
The Bittern Line has reopened following a bridge bash at North Walsham this morning.
A Network Rail spokesman said: 'I can confirm that the bridge at North Walsham Station was struck this morning just before 10am. Our engineers inspected the bridge and the line reopened at 11.05am.'
Trains between Norwich and Sheringham were running up to 20 minutes late, or being cancelled, following the incident which was reported at about 9.50am.
An Abellio spokesman said passengers affected might be entitled to claim delay repay via: www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/contact-us/contact-forms/delay-repay
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers