Birthday treat for John Ruddy’s son
There was a special family moment ahead of the Norwich game on Saturday when John Ruddy was joined on the pitch by his son.
The City 'keeper's son was celebrating his fifth birthday and as a treat had the opportunity to be one of the mascots for the Premier League match with Liverpool.
The two walked out of the tunnel at Carrow Road hand-in-hand, with the player's son dressed in a full matching kit, complete with 'Ruddy 1' printed on the back of his goalkeeper shirt and a distinctive pair of yellow boots.
The England international had announced that his son would be joining him on the pitch through his Twitter account, @Johnruddy86, hours before the match.
He said: 'Happy birthday to the best son in the world! 5 years have flown by! He is mascot today so give him a big cheer canaries!!'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich went on to lose the game 5-2.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case