Birds of a Feather stars to appear on stage with their sons in Norwich
The stage revival of a classic TV comedy is to feature its original stars alongside their real-life sons when the show comes to Norwich.
Pauline Quirke, Linda Robson and Lesley Joseph are reprising their roles as sisters Sharon and Tracey, and their male-hungry neighbour Dorien, in the stage show of Birds Of A Feather which comes to Norwich in June.
Linda's son Louis Dunford and Pauline's son Charlie Quirke have just been announced as joining the cast of the show. They will share the role of Sharon's son Travis who was seen being born in the final episode of the hit BBC comedy which ran for nearly a decade.
John Bultitude, from Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Birds Of A Feather is going to be a truly family affair. It will be a treat to see Louis and Charlie taking on the role of Sharon's offspring in the tour and, if their mum's acting talent is anything to go by, we are in for a treat.
'There has already been massive demand for tickets for this show in Norwich as it is only visiting a small number of venues. If you are a fan of Chigwell's favourite sisters and their man-eating neighbour, snap up some tickets as they are moving faster than a man evading Dorien's grasp.'
You may also want to watch:
Birds Of A Feather ran for nearly ten years on BBC TV through the Nineties.
The stage show, by The Comedy Theatre Company, aims to pick up on the lives of the women years later.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
• Birds Of A Feather is at Norwich Theatre Royal from June 11 until June 16. To book tickets call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk