Person injured in serious crash between car and bin lorry
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A road remains closed after a serious collision involving a bin lorry and a car on a rural road near the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
Emergency services were called the crash at Weybread, near Harleston, at 8.20am on Monday and remain at the scene.
Firefighters from Harleston were called in to assist Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service to tackle a vehicle fire in the aftermath of the collision.
One person, believed to be the driver of the car, has been injured in the collision and taken to hospital. Three occupants of the refuse lorry are believed to have been uninjured.
The B1116 Harleston Road has been closed to traffic between the junction of Watermill Lane and the junction of One Eyed Lane.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet Suffolk Police stated: "Diversions are in place and emergency services are at the scene please avoid the area."
-Check our live traffic map before you travel
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area