Fire crew called to ‘dog waste bin’ blaze in Taverham

Crews tackled a blaze in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Crews tackled a blaze in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

The fire service has been called to blaze which residents said happened in a 'dog poo bin'.

They were called to Kingswood Avenue in Taverham by police at 10.30pm on Monday following reports of a bin fire. One crew from Carrow attended and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish it.

Residents on the Thorpe Marriott (Drayton & Taverham) Community Page on Facebook have claimed the fire was started deliberately and some reported hearing loud bangs in the area at the time.

The police and fire service could not confirm this.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter