Big money boost for town projects
- Credit: Archant
Two regional organisations with strong Lowestoft links have been awarded charity funding from a leading housebuilder.
Anglia in Bloom and the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft have each been selected to receive donations through the Persimmon Homes Community Champions scheme.
Andrew Fuller, managing director of Persimmon Homes Anglia – which has developments throughout Suffolk and Norfolk – said: 'Each month two charities, clubs or groups are selected to receive match-funding donations of up to £1,000 to help local communities where we are building.
'This month's two causes demonstrate the vital roles of volunteers within the community, and we are proud to support both projects.'
Anglia in Bloom helps volunteer teams across the region to help improve their area, making it a better place to live, work and to attract visitors. Planning is already well under way for the annual Anglia in Bloom event for 2016 and for more information visit www.angliainbloom.co.uk
The Seagull Theatre is a Lowestoft-based community company that hosts talented performers and provides the arts to the local community.
The company has three studios, which host groups and school activities as well as daily performances including dance and book clubs.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
An £800 donation from Persimmon Homes will help provide new computer systems allowing the theatre to offer a professional service to its customers whilst providing a central meeting hub for the community.
The Persimmon Community Champions initiative is a national programme where charities and groups can apply for funding up to the value of £1,000 to match money they have already raised themselves. Nationwide the company will donate a total of £750,000.
For more information or to nominate a worthy cause visit www.perismmonhomes.com/charity
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org