Bid to add drive-through coffee shop to Mr D’s Diner near Attleborough
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
There are plans to add a drive-through coffee shop to an Americana-themed diner next to the A11 Attleborough Bypass.
Mr D's Diner, which is a few miles north-east of the Attleborough at Besthorpe services, next to a BP petrol station, is planning to add the 'Drive Thru' Coffee Shop' window to its business.
Guest Real Estate has applied to Breckland Council for permission to go ahead with the plans, which would include building a new 30-space car park including three disabled spaces (bringing the total number up to 38) as well as new lighting poles and a drive-through circuit.
There are no plans to close or re-brand the diner itself, contrary to what was reported yesterday.
It was announced in 2011 that the former Little Chef restaurant would be transformed into the Americana-decorated, 50s-style diner.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich