Bid to add drive-through coffee shop to Mr D’s Diner near Attleborough
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
There are plans to add a drive-through coffee shop to an Americana-themed diner next to the A11 Attleborough Bypass.
Mr D's Diner, which is a few miles north-east of the Attleborough at Besthorpe services, next to a BP petrol station, is planning to add the 'Drive Thru' Coffee Shop' window to its business.
Guest Real Estate has applied to Breckland Council for permission to go ahead with the plans, which would include building a new 30-space car park including three disabled spaces (bringing the total number up to 38) as well as new lighting poles and a drive-through circuit.
There are no plans to close or re-brand the diner itself, contrary to what was reported yesterday.
It was announced in 2011 that the former Little Chef restaurant would be transformed into the Americana-decorated, 50s-style diner.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home