Norwich bar looks to open rooftop terrace
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich bar and restaurant has submitted a licensing application to open a rooftop terrace.
Gonzo's Tea Room, on London Street, has applied for the licence after receiving planning permission from Norwich City Council.
The application also expresses a desire to play recorded music for a small amount of hours on the rooftop terrace. It states: 'Music to create a positive atmosphere for customers enjoying the views over the city centre. While this will be amplified it will be a type and volume so as not to overpower conversation and advice of Norwich City Council Environmental Health team will be adhered to.'
It adds: 'There would be facility for a small number of customers to enjoy recorded music and dance. The layout of the Terrace will be such that this would only be possible in a space in the centre of the Terrace surrounded by tables and chairs.'
The application also states that alcohol would be sold from 10am to midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public have until April 6 to comment on the application.
Gonzo's Tea Room opened in 2014 after the closure of the popular Kartel on the same premises.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
During its time trading, Kartel was home to a roof terrace and hosted monthly 'rooftop raves' which saw some of the biggest DJs in the region bring Shoreditch style garden parties to the heart of Norwich.
Gonzo's has since become a popular venue in the city and has become known for its chicken wing deals.