Bernard Matthews to cut 30 jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Poultry giant Bernard Matthews has confirmed up to 30 jobs are to go at its bases in Norfolk and Suffolk, as the company brings in new working practices.
The positions at risk are at the EDP Top100 company's Great Witchingham headquarters outside Norwich, and in Holton, near Halesworth, and include staff in engineering and office-based roles.
A spokesman for the firm said: 'Bernard Matthews can confirm that it is undertaking a redundancy process affecting a small number of its salaried and hourly paid workforce, which is expected to result in a reduction of around 30 roles out of a workforce of 2,000.
'The planned reductions are a consequence of ongoing operational efficiencies and new working practices within the business.'
In January, Bernard Matthews posted pre-tax losses of £5.2m for the year to June 28, 2015, though it narrowed losses from the previous year's figure of £9.9m.
You may also want to watch:
It launched a turnaround plan in 2013, when specialists Rutland Partners were brought in, and injected more than £20m into the business.
Will you be affected by the redundancies? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772426.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’