Bennetts sale could be completed next week
The planned sale of electrical retailer Bennetts could be completed early next week.
Three partners at accountants PKF were appointed administrators of the Norwich-based firm on March 10 and confirmed they had entered exclusive negotiations with a preferred bidder on Thursday.
All 16 Bennetts branches, including 14 in East Anglia, remain closed, with no new orders being taken on the firm's websites.
PKF confirmed 228 redundancies on March 11, with 57 staff kept on for a range of duties including stock taking.
While the identity of the preferred bidder has not been made public, reports by staff suggest it could be Lowestoft-based electronics retailer Hughes, but neither Hughes or PKF were able to confirm this.
You may also want to watch:
A consortium of Bennetts directors were also among those seeking to bid to buy the business.
Other reports suggested national chain Comet was interested in the business but the company declined to comment.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs