Belton fun day and classic car show draws thousands of people
- Credit: Archant
Belton New Road Sports Field was bursting at the seams for the annual Belton Fun Day and Classic Car Show, sponsored by Pertwee and Back Great Yarmouth.
Despite a less than perfect forecast a crowd of about 3,000 people attended the event on Saturday, August 5 to view the classic cars and bikes and enjoy the stalls and entertainment.
There was plenty for them to see in the entertainment arena with continuous displays, shows and characters to meet along with more than 100 cars and bikes on show, 40 stalls, inflatables, games, animals, swingboats, Viking displays and firebreathing - there was a little something for everybody.
In its third year now the event is continuously growing and attracted its largest crowd to date, despite the weather.
Organised by husband and wife team Phil and Karen Welsby the fun day allows many small local charities and organisations to raise much needed funds, as well as making the community aware of their presence in the community while providing a cheap day out for families, with much of the entertainment provided free of charge.
They said: 'We are very proud how well everyone gets behind and supports the event, from the owners of the fantastic cars and bikes to the team of family and friends who give up their time to help the day run smoothly.
'We have already booked the venue for next year and look forward to seeing further growth and hopefully better weather.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk