Behind the scenes at the English Whisky Company
- Credit: Archant
Take a look inside the English Whisky Company, the region's leading whisky distillery and a popular tourist attraction.
Set up by Andrew Nelstrop, the first 29 barrels of whisky were made at St George's Distillery in December in 2006 and by August 2007 the Roudham-based company opened to the public with a visitor centre, whisky shop and tours.
You may also want to watch:
Now, it attracts an estimated 50,000 visitors a year for tours, tasting sessions or coffee, and a £300,000 investment on a new restaurant and enlarged shop will be complete later this year.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Known for its single malt whisky The English, the firm recently released The Norfolk brand - to celebrate the county and put it firmly on the whisky map.
The distillery uses water from the Breckland aquifer and barley straight from the Norfolk fields.
For more information about the distillery, its whisky and tours, click here