Beccles to host event celebrating the work of carers
- Credit: Archant � 2008
A special event to celebrate the work of family carers while offering them advice to safeguard their own health and wellbeing will take place at Beccles Library.
The day-long event on Thursday, June 15, has been organised by Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT), Feedback and Suffolk Libraries and takes place during National Carers' Week, which runs until Sunday.
The event is open to anyone who is supporting a family member or friend with a mental health difficulty and aims to help them to look after their own health.
Throughout the day there will be talks from other carers, while mental health professionals will discuss subjects such as anxiety and depression, managing a crisis, emotional wellbeing and relationship roles.
A variety of stalls will provide information about carer assessments and how to access them, support groups and where carers can go for extra help and advice.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Phillips, NSFT's carers lead for Waveney, has helped organise the event. She said: 'Carers do an awful lot that often goes unnoticed. They give vast amounts of their time supporting, motivating, encouraging and empowering the person they are caring for. It is very often a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week role and can be challenging and stressful at times.
'We have arranged this special event to give carers help, support and practical advice to help them look after their own health, which often takes second place to their caring role.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
'We want the day to be informal and welcoming while giving people the chance to get together, chat and share their own experiences. We hope lots of people will come along to find out more.'
The event takes place in the Glass Room at the library between 10am and 4pm.
Any who would like further information can contact Catherine Phillips on 07766317972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively contact Kevin Vaughan from Feedback, on 07747777243 or by emailing email@example.com.