Beccles South by-election: Nicky Elliott (Green)
Nicky Elliott, of Barsham, is standing for the Green Party.
It is easy to promise the earth but less easy to deliver it. I ask you to look at the track record of the Green Party in Beccles and to consider what has been delivered by having just one Green Councillor on Waveney District Council.
The Lido and the Public Hall would both have been lost but instead they have a bright future at the very heart of the community. Now there is an opportunity to double the Green voice on the council and to double the Green team working to make Beccles a better town.
I am committed to improving public transport and will seek the implementation of a direct bus service between Beccles and the James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
I am a qualified teacher and have run youth groups for many years. I am happy to visit schools and youth clubs to discuss with young people any issues they may have.
Beccles South has few amenities. I would fight for the retention of existing facilities and support new businesses and initiatives that offer a service to the community.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 4 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 7 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 8 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 10 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
I have already campaigned for the provision of allotments in the ward, and if elected would seek to further these aims.