Ahoy sailor! A look at the Beccles Sea Cadets
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk.
The sea cadets have been supporting young people through various activities and adventures for 160 years.
Following the Crimean War, coastal communities came together to provide places for sailors to pass on skills and training for orphans on the sea ports.
As the Beccles sea cadets work towards building an environmentally friendly classroom for generations to come, we looked back at the of the history Beccles branch.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks