Beccles rickshaw to help raise money for charity
They may be familiar sights in India carrying tourists around cities.
But soon, a rickshaw will be as well-known in Beccles, after a couple decided to run one in the town for charity.
Bob and Sally Breakspear have decided to offer rides around the town to help raise money for Magpas Helimedix, which gives critical care night and day in the eastern region.
The couple, who run Eveleigh House bed and breakfast, in London Road, hope to give guests and people in the town rides, in return for a donation.
Mrs Breakspear, 55, said the idea came from some friends in Totnes, Devon, who run a couple of rickshaws, which run on bio-fuel produced from used cooking oil, for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Donna White, paramedic with Magpas, said: 'We have had people cycle, run and skydive, but this is a first. We are very grateful, especially as Beccles is far away from Cambridge but you never know when friends and family are driving through Cambridge and might need Magpas' help.'
The rickshaw is available for hire by calling 01502 715214.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich