Spooktacular pumpkin festival set to return
- Credit: Kerry feek
A pumpkin festival is set to return for a spooktacular third year – with organisers admitting the 'event seems even more popular.'
With something spooky heading back to Beccles this Halloween, the popular Beccles pumpkin festival will be held on Sunday, October 28 between 4pm and 8pm.
With the organisers of the Beccles Carnival introducing the Beccles Pumpkin Festival to town in 2016, the event has proved to be extremely popular. A spokesman for the event organisers said: 'This year the event will take place on the grassed area to the left of Beccles Morrisons store. We would like to stress that the event will not be taking place on the car park – Morrisons car park will be open for visitors to park.'
This year the money raised from the event will be donated to Beccles Football Club, who are raising funds for their new 3G pitch and equipment. Money raised will also go to the Beccles Mayor's appeal 2018, which is raising money for the new play equipment at Beccles Quay.
The spokesman added: 'Beccles pumpkin festival organisers are currently looking for local pubs, clubs, businesses and organisations to have a corporate pumpkin at this year's event.
You may also want to watch:
'The XXL pumpkins will be carved by their new owners and put on display at the event where the members of the public will be able to vote for their favourite pumpkin.'
The winning corporate pumpkin owners will be presented with a shield engraved with the winners name. To enter your corporate pumpkin email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 217324.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
During the evening people will be able to bid on the corporate pumpkins and take them home at the end of the night in time for Halloween.
There will also be children's and adults fancy dress competitions, prizes for the best carved pumpkin competition as well as lots of stalls selling Halloween items, face painting, local crafts and food stands.
If you would like to book a stall email email@example.com but please note all food, drink and sweet stands are fully booked.
Entry to this year's event will be £1 per adult and accompanied children free, with every paying adult you will receive one voting slip to vote for your favourite pumpkin.
For further details visit the Beccles Pumpkin Festival 2018 page www.facebook.com/events/284352935675958/