Beccles power outage due to fault in electrical equipment
- Credit: Archant
Power was restored to more than 580 homes in Beccles last night after an equipment fault left the town in the dark.
According to the UK Power Network, engineers worked quickly to restore power to 582 homes on Thursday night.
The cut to power came after a fault with a piece of electrical equipment at 3.45pm.
All customers were reported to have their power back on by 5.07pm.
A spokesperson from UK Power Network said: 'We appreciate how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.'
You may also want to watch:
Residents in the NR34 0, NR34 8, NR34 9 are expected to be without power until 6pm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre