Power cut in Beccles affecting more than 580 homes after ‘underground cable fault’
- Credit: Archant
Homes have been left in the dark after a power outage in Beccles this afternoon.
More than 580 customers have been affected in three post codes across the area.
Residents in the NR34 0, NR34 8, NR34 9 are expected to be without power until 6pm.
It is believed the power is out due to a high voltage line being faulted.
Lights are flickering on and off in properties on Banham Road, Cherry Hill Close and Cucumber Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic lights have also been affected by the cut in power.
An update from UK Power Networks read: 'At this point we think the issue is an underground cable fault affected 582 properties. Until an engineer arrives it is difficult to give a time of restoration.
'We're often able to re-route power remotely so you be back on sooner, or your power may go on or off.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Stores such as Tescos are turning away customers due to the power fault.