Power cut in Beccles affecting more than 580 homes after ‘underground cable fault’
- Credit: Archant
Homes have been left in the dark after a power outage in Beccles this afternoon.
More than 580 customers have been affected in three post codes across the area.
Residents in the NR34 0, NR34 8, NR34 9 are expected to be without power until 6pm.
It is believed the power is out due to a high voltage line being faulted.
Lights are flickering on and off in properties on Banham Road, Cherry Hill Close and Cucumber Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic lights have also been affected by the cut in power.
An update from UK Power Networks read: 'At this point we think the issue is an underground cable fault affected 582 properties. Until an engineer arrives it is difficult to give a time of restoration.
'We're often able to re-route power remotely so you be back on sooner, or your power may go on or off.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
Stores such as Tescos are turning away customers due to the power fault.